● To reach us, you can e-mail us through the Contact Us page or call us at 216.407.6278. Our policy is to reply within 24 hours, and to schedule the first appointment within 72 hours. You will speak with a knowledgeable person who will get some background from you about what issues you’d like to address. You will be set up with a counselor best suited to assist you. Likewise, you will also be given information about how to complete our intake forms on-line.
● Close to shopping, recreation and volunteer opportunities.
● Near Stan Hywet, MetroParks and 1 mile from Cuyahoga Valley National Park
We have 4 locations, Beachwood, Fairlawn, Strongsville and Rocky River. We are also able to make home visits, when necessary, though insurance usually won’t pay for such services.
*Currently, the majority of our appointments are virtual. We have not taken this decision lightly. We certainly recognize that many clients and therapists prefer in-person appointments. So many of us have COVID-19 and Zoom fatigue and just want to connect face-to-face. AND right now, for everyone’s safety, we have chosen to do virtual appointments for as long as the experts recommend. After careful screening, we are willing to see some children and adolescents in the office.
In the first session, the therapist will conduct a thorough evaluation, seeking to get a good picture of what is going on in your life causing you distress.
You will leave the first session with recommendations for how to proceed and some immediate steps you can take to begin to feel better.
Parents: if you are seeking help for your minor child, you will be included every step of the way, and you must be present at the first session.
Insurance coverage and payment issues are complicated! At The Miller Center, these issues never deter us from helping you. Once we receive your insurance information, our billing experts will call and check your benefits for you. We will let you know what coverage you have and what you will owe at each session. We sincerely hope that you do not let insurance challenges prevent you from seeking the support you need and deserve.
If you choose to contact the insurance company on your own, here’s what you need to know:
A. If you have commercial insurance through your job, parents, or spouse, call the Member Customer Service number on the back of your card. Ask if The Miller Center/The Hull Institute, LLC are in network.
● If they say yes, then we are In-Network. Ask how much your co-pay is and how many sessions you get annually. Also ask what your annual deductible is. Almost all people now have an annual deductible. That mean you must pay the full fee for the service until you reach your deductible. Then you may owe a co-pay, or you may owe nothing. Again, it is so very tricky, and we will assist you!
● If they say no, we are NOT in network, we can still see you. Ask what Out Of Network benefits you have. Once you know this, call us, and we’ll help you figure out what it means and how much it will cost you. If you use your Out-of-Network benefits, you must pay us up front, as you go, and the insurance company will reimburse you some portion of the fee. This amount varies from plan to plan. Call us, even if you think you cannot afford treatment. We will do our best to work with you.
● It is important to know that we have some clinicians who bill under other clinicians. This is a perfectly common and legal practice. We can provide you with the names of providers and who they bill under so when you call the insurance company you get the most accurate information.
● If you have a Medicaid plan, you have no copay. You are responsible for any charges incurred if you are dropped or go off of a Medicaid plan.
● If you have an ACA Marketplace plan, we will let you know what is covered.
B. The Hull Institute and its providers are in most major networks including, but not limited to:
● Medical Mutual of Ohio
● Cleveland Clinic Employee Health Plan
● University Hospials Employee Health Plan
● United Healthcare
● Medicare and Medicare Advantage plan
We are on other plans as well, accept self pays on a sliding scale, and work with insurance companies for single case agreements.
Yes, we are committed to seeing all people, and we will work out a self pay rate with you. Please call our office at 216.407.6278 to discuss.
Yes! HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Information and Portability Act) is of the utmost importance to each of our providers and The Miller Center as a whole. We strive to keep all conversations and records secure and will only share information with others with your written consent. Please contact us if you would like to see our HIPAA policy.